WE’RE GROWING! JOIN OUR TEAM OF BIOPHILES!
Horticulturalist – F/T Plantscape Installation Technician
An integral member of the team that executes beautiful tropical plant installations and supports our horticulturalists in the field. Requires a good eye for detail, along with the stamina and passion to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Preparation & maintenance of warehouse plant stock. This includes preparing plants for installations and replacements, plant pick-ups and deliveries, servicing plant stock, pest control, receiving plants and containers.
- Prepare plants that are leaving the warehouse. Includes cleaning and preparation of plants, and seasonal packaging to prevent cold damage. Also includes cleaning and staging of planters as required.
- Execute plant replacements in existing plantscapes, new plantscape installations, flowering plant rotations. Execution must be accurate, according to the horticulturalist’s or designer’s directions.
- Pick up/Receive and unpack deliveries, check for accuracy, note any deficiencies or shortages.
- Maintain a clean, tidy work space. Report to supervisor any supplies that are needed to keep a well-stocked warehouse. Collect supplies from local suppliers as needed.
- Execute special horticultural projects or work orders as needed. eg pruning, tree washes/cleaning at clients’ sites.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assist in seasonal installations, such as Christmas decor and spring planting.
- Fill in for Horticulturalists in the field as needed on a short term basis (eg, cover during vacation, illness, Poinsettia season).
- Assist with vehicle fleet management. (eg. monthly vehicle inspections, drop off/pick up vehicles for servicing).
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent command of English language and good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to comprehend and follow written / verbal directions accurately.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Alberta Driver’s Licence and clean driving record.
- A clean police record (allowing access to workplaces that require security clearance).
- Able to maintain consistent productivity and attention to detail completing repetitive tasks.
- Able to work calmly, efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Able to adapt to various work environments appropriately and maintain a professional, respectful manner under pressure.
Familiarity and comfort with driving in the downtown Edmonton area would be an advantage.
Starting rate from $17.00/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits include 2 weeks paid annual leave, Blue Cross employer-subsidised package, uniform, phone reimbursement. We provide all the tools and training required to succeed in this unique and rewarding role. Apply now to join our wonderful team of passionate plant-lovers! Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interior Horticultural Technician – P/T or F/T opportunities
Due to growth in our portfolio we often have full-time or part-time opportunities for a plant care technician in our interiorscape department. Duties include watering, pruning, cleaning and maintenance of a wide variety of indoor plants. This is a front-line position which deals with a diverse range of clients and the public on a daily basis, requiring a positive outlook and a proactive approach to customer care. The role can be physically demanding – it requires a person who is fit and enjoys an active lifestyle.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Starting rate is from $17.00/hour, depending on experience. We supply a uniform, as well as all the tools and training required to succeed in this role.
The ideal candidate will possess a genuine love of working with live plants, together with some related work experience. Proven customer care skills and dependability are essential. Greenjeans is a company devoted to serving our customers and employees with integrity and care, and we expect the same conscientiousness of our people.
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Familiarity and comfort with the downtown Edmonton area.
- Clean Alberta Driver’s Licence. Your own reliable vehicle may be an advantage.
- Availability for some weekend work.
If you’re an energetic individual looking for a positive work environment that beautifies the city, come join our team of friendly and passionate biophiles!
Email your application and resume to email@example.com