WE’RE GROWING! JOIN OUR TEAM OF BIOPHILES!
Office Administrator (Position posting 10 August 2017)
An opportunity for a key team member to assist and support the team that makes Edmonton a greener, more beautiful place. If you’re passionate about the contributing to a positive team culture and delivering fantastic service, this could be the place for you!
The position is responsible for maintaining accounts payable and receivable functions, maintaining office systems and tracking OHS, WCB and HR paperwork. The office administrator is the first point of contact for our clients over the phone or in our office, and works in partnership with the General Manager on numerous projects.
- Provide administrative support to management team
- Responsible for all financial input
- Process sales through to invoicing
- Prepare and submit payroll
- Overseeing correspondence leaving the organization
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures
- Implementation of procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Coordinate and maintain OH&S files and, website documentation and applicable reporting
- Ensure workplace inspections for OHS and fire safety are conducted and results documented
- Manage all WCB responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
This is a new position, so we’re looking for a mature person who is comfortable in a role where all processes and schedules are not rigidly defined, and who would enjoy shaping their role and improving processes as they go along. Remuneration to be negotiated, depending on experience.
Regular hours may range from 30-40 per week, with some flexibility if necessary.
The successful candidate will take the time to tell us why they are the best choice for this key role, and what attracts them to Greenjeans.
Email your application and resume to email@example.com
Interior Horticultural Technician – P/T or F/T opportunities
Due to growth in our portfolio we often have full-time or part-time opportunities for a plant care technician in our interiorscape department. Duties include watering, pruning, cleaning and maintenance of a wide variety of indoor plants. This is a front-line position which deals with a diverse range of clients and the public on a daily basis, requiring a positive outlook and a proactive approach to customer care. The role can be physically demanding – it requires a person who is fit and enjoys an active lifestyle.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Starting rate is from $16.50/hour, depending on experience. We supply a uniform, as well as all the tools and training required to succeed in this role.
The ideal candidate will possess a genuine love of working with live plants, together with some related work experience. Proven customer care skills and dependability are essential. Greenjeans is a company devoted to serving our customers and employees with integrity and care, and we expect the same conscientiousness of our people.
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Familiarity and comfort with the downtown Edmonton area.
- Clean Alberta Driver’s Licence.
- Availability for some weekend work.
If you’re an energetic individual looking for a positive work environment that beautifies the city, come join our team of friendly and passionate biophiles!
Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org